Quirky. Different. Special. Words often used to describe this fascinating Derbyshire market town. Whether here for the day or perhaps staying a little longer, we welcome you to spend some time with us at the new Wirksworth Heritage Centre to find out about the history of the town and its people. Relax in our new café, pick up a souvenir and take a tour around our brand new museum. Our current opening details can be found at Visiting.
What have we done to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19?
We have made a number of changes and improvements to how we operate to ensure the safety of visitors and staff. This includes:
- reducing the amount of touch points on site
- introducing one ways systems on site where required
- an enhanced cleaning regime throughout the museums
- where appropriate staff will wear PPE such as face masks or gloves
- signage has been updated to remind visitors and staff to wash their hands
- hygiene screens have been added to counters and at till points
- new hand sanitiser points have been installed around the museum
- social distancing markers are in place
- pre-booking has been introduced with hourly timed admission windows to limit on-site capacity
- contactless payments are encouraged
- access to indoor spaces has been assessed and we have adjusted entry to some exhibits
- all of our staff have been trained in our new policies and protocols
We are following UK Government guidelines and may be amending these measures as and when the guidelines change.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org